Support Local: #MississaugaMade Holiday Gift Guide
by Chandra Robinson
Mississauga is a community rich in art and culture, with a wealth of shops and experiences to explore. This holiday season, support local with unique #MississsaugaMade gifts for everyone on your list.
Adventurous Experiences in Sauga
Some of the best gifts don’t come in a box! For kids, teens, or even adults who enjoy being active, consider giving the gift of fun at one of these Mississauga attractions.
- A pass for Air Riderz adventure park is perfect for kids to use to stay active when it gets especially cold outside. It includes trampolines, climbing walls, a ninja course and interactive video game jumping experiences. Get a free 30-minute jump pass when you buy a $40 gift certificate.
- Anyone with a need for speed will love a trip to K1 Speed Mississauga for premium indoor go karting. This attraction is opening soon so grab your gift certificates now and be among the first to try it out!
- For fans of rock climbing, a pass to Canada’s largest facility, Hub Climbing, is the perfect gift, but with a variety of beginners challenges, including some just for kids 4+, and even a video game climbing wall, there’s truly something for everyone.
- Help the adventure seeker on your list feel like a pilot for a day with the gift of a visit to Ufly Simulator Inc., where they can experience a 777 flight simulator.
Mississauga Arts and Artisans
Mississauga has plenty of holiday gift options for art enthusiasts, from artisan-crafted goods to live entertainment.
- A gift that keeps on giving for aspiring musicians and artists, the Mississauga School of Music has a variety of lessons available, both online and in-person.
- For a very special gift that can add some beauty to their homes, gift your loved ones a handcrafted glass piece from local artisan Courtney Downman of Lush Glassblowing.
- Create special memories they’ll never forget with tickets to a live performance at the Living Arts Centre.
- Carrick Creations’ hand-carved, bespoke jewelery is a lovely gift idea for those who appreciate artistry they can wear, especially lovers of gemstones and crystals.
- While a visit to the Art Gallery of Mississauga may be free, it’s sure to be a memorable experience for budding artists. For those who can’t get enough, a membership is the perfect gift.
Support Mississauga Fandoms
Mississauga is home to some great local sports teams, so skip the extra high price tag of major league tickets and support some future Canadian sports superstars.
- If you’re shopping for a hockey fan, support Mississauga’s home team the Mississauga Steelheads. Single game tickets are available and adding some merch is sure to make your gift a favourite.
- Basketball fans will love tickets to cheer on the Raptors 905 while rocking some team gear.
More Local Shopping Options
There are so many unique locally owned stores to visit in Mississauga, in addition to pop-up holiday markets. If you’re at a loss for gift ideas, check out some of these ideas – you’re sure to find a memorable gift that helps support our local businesses.
- Spend an afternoon Mississauga’s small shops and boutiques, ranging from custom apparel and jewellery, to toys for the little in your life, to handcrafted home decor.
- Support women-owned businesses by shopping at the Run the World Holiday Market at Square One, from now until December 24.
- Find artisan goods at the Erin Mills Artisan Hub Holiday Market every weekend in December, or the Festival of Trees Artisan Market from December 10-12.
- Find the perfect foodie present at the Festival of Trees Culinary Market from December 17-18.
- If you are looking for something that is truly one-of-a-kind, be sure to visit the local village shops of Clarkson, Cooksville or Malton.
- Bonus: On now, until December 13th – Support the ‘Ville this holiday season and you could WIN $250 to your favourite local store in Streetsville. See contest details & submit your receipts on online.
- And if you still haven’t found that special gift, consider a gift that takes the final decision out of your hands with a gift card to a local business or Support the Port with a Port Credit gift card.
Looking for even more gift-giving inspiration? Check out Visit Mississauga’s Top Mississauga Spots for Holiday Shopping, and follow along on Facebook or Instagram.