Tourism Week in Canada • May 23 – 30, 2021
Although we may not be able to travel too far right now, and might not be thinking of travelling the way we used to for a while – that doesn’t mean all wanderlust is wander-lost. It just means we need to get creative and find new things and and new experiences to try within our own backyard. And what better excuse to ‘wander’ Mississauga, than Tourism Week!
Tourism Week is a seven-day coast to coast to coast event to recognize Canada’s tourism economy, and the impact it has on every community across the country. In Mississauga alone, the tourism sector supports almost 1 in 11 jobs – many of which have been significantly impacted by COVID-19 and the continued lockdowns. So in support of our fellow neighbours, and our local tourism businesses we are asking all local residents to explore local!
Here are 8 ways you can support local tourism businesses this week & try something NEW;
- Order directly from a local restaurant for delivery or pick-up (SKIP the delivery app)
- Buy a gift card to a local attraction, to use in the future
- Shop online from a local boutique or store
- Buy a gift card from your local BIA or neighbourhood
- Book a #Staycation at a local hotel, for now or for later this year
- Check out any local virtual or drive-thru events happening near you
- Follow @VisitMississauga on social and keep up-to-date on local events and special offers
- Take the 2021 Tourism Pledge to “Explore Mississauga” and “Travel in Canada”
For more information on Tourism Mississauga, or for more ideas of things to explore locally VisitMississauga.ca